Emotional Intellligence (EQ) Assesment And Development
An ever-increasing body of research is showing the important role of emotional intelligence in career success, job performance and overall happiness in life. It also seems to be one of the crucial competencies for leadership effectiveness, and plays a central role in resonant relationships in the workplace and at home.
Emotional intelligence is a learnable and trainable skill and some of the most important and key skills for improving emotional intelligence at work and at home will be provided through practical exercises as usable tools for immediate application.
- WHAT IS EQ?: Understand the concept and dimensions of emotional intelligence.
- THE BUSINESS CASE FOR EQ: Consider some of the latest research and business-related impacts.
- Bar-On EQi ASSESSMENT (OPTIONAL): Covering 15 dimensions, with development tools and tips.
- EMOTIONAL AWARENESS: Recognize the variety of emotional experiences in self and others through distinct facial expressions and micro-signals. Understand the underlying role and intention of emotions. Moving from emotion to values, needs and requirements, with appropriate next steps.
- HANDLING EMOTIONAL “HEAT” IN SELF AND OTHERS: Practice empathy, active listening and assertiveness as core relationship skills in creating harmony and managing high negative emotions. Move to deeper levels of emotional resolution and wisdom.
- GETTING THE BEST OUT OF OTHERS:
o Create the best motivational context for others through assessing and using their unique fingerprint values and workplace “hot buttons”.
o How to persuade and influence positively.
- MANAGING SELF:
o Take charge of your dysfunctional thoughts (“inner chatter”).
o Find quick emotional self-composure in difficult situations.
o Access positive inner resources for optimizing personal excellence.
o Harness the power of optimism and positive mood-states at work and home for maximum performance and health.
OPTIONAL: The Bar-On EQi assessment instrument, a valid and reliable measurement of Emotional Intelligence, covering 15 dimensions, can also be used during the programme. This can be administered through your in-house Psychometrician prior to the program. Deon is also qualified to administer the Bar-On EQi and has practical tools, tips and techniques available to develop each of these dimensions, which will be processed during the training.
NB: The most important EQ skill dimensions assessed by the EQi are covered in-depth during the course of the program. If the EQi is not used, the most important skills will in any case be dealt with.
DURATION: 2 days with 1 day optional follow-up. If the 1 day follow-up is chosen, an implementation assignment will be given where the skills will be applied in the normal course of work and complementing everyday issues in the workplace. At the follow-up session these transfer applications will be processed and a further deepening of skills and tools will be provided.
All the training sessions always include practical exercises and usable tools for immediate application. The sessions are multi-modal, with short theoretical inputs, demonstrations, film clips, skills practice, training games, energizers, interactive and application exercises.