Influencing And Persuasion Skills
This two-day program is aimed at gaining some effective influencing and persuasion strategies for today’s business environment. It is not a negotiation skills course, but a practical exploration of some specific methods and skills that will help you to become more persuasive in many areas of the business, such as:
- “Selling” your ideas, opinions and proposals to colleagues, staff, management and clients.
- Motivating different team members and handling different people.
- Adding persuasive power to your communication and arguments.
- Apply some of the best persuasion practices in your business environment.
- How to convince others and change someone’s opinion.
- A special section on the persuasive power of metaphor and storytelling in business:
The program will be practical and “hands-on” with skills practice and participative exercises.
- Build trust, credibility and rapport quickly and naturally with others (the foundations of persuasion).
- Tune into other people’s body language, non-verbal and core verbal messages.
- Assess what is really needed by others and what they value (“Decision fingerprints”).
- Respond to, and handle others according to their decision fingerprints.
- Read different people’s styles and motivational “triggers”.
- Create motivational strategies for different people according to their “triggers”.
- Include persuasive power words and language into your communication and arguments to influence others and create mutually acceptable solutions.
- Convince others with a variety of strategies.
- Use the power of metaphor, analogy and storytelling - persuasion’s age-old secret.
- Understand some of the best practices of influence and persuasion, and apply it to priority areas of your work-life.
- Change someone’ else’s opinion.